Running an environmentally friendly shop is very important to me. While screen printing is a very important part of my life, it can be a harmful practice if proper measures aren't taken. That's why we use a variety of eco-friendly practices in my shop and have goals set in place to transition to an even more eco-conscious company. Here are the many ways we assure that Yat Cat Print Co. remains environmentally friendly.
- We partner with Bella & Canvas, who runs an eco-friendly shop of their own by practicing water reduction, energy reduction and striving for a zero-waste facility
- We only use water-based, Phthalate and PVC free inks, which are harder to work with but are much better for the environment than commonly used plastisol inks
- Our water filtration system catches any harmful particles and assures only water is washed down the drain
- We use water-based chemicals for reclaiming screens
- We upcycle and recycle wherever we can, including using cardboard boxes as art print backings, misprinted tees as rags or for testing and paper scraps as ink cards
- We use compostable or recycled materials for packaging and shipping
- We use compostable washi tape to tape our screens
While we know this is just an introduction to being truly eco-friendly, we strive for improvement and welcome any suggestions you may have, so please email with your tips!